Apple earned a bad name when it chose to ignore Indian market for iPad. Now it seems that Apple has learnt its lessons and is not ready to ignore 1.21 billion strong Indian Market for its newly released iPad2. Just 2 days back Apple India announced that iPad 2 will be available in India now. One interesting thing to note here is that in present times Apple is feeling the heat of immense competition in tablet market. The current generation of Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) based tablets from almost all major manufacturers are giving Apple a run for money. Because of this Apple is now targeting markets where the presence of Android based tablets is almost nil and where better to land than India, where people have purchasing power and Honeycomb is not present here. This becomes even more evident if we observe that Apple has made no similar announcement for its iPhone 4 which is doing ok in sales in US and Europe markets.
Now lets see what Apple 2 has to offer. iPad2 comes in two varieties, WiFi and WiFi+3G. 3G version of iPad can come real handy with the advent of 3G services in India. Even though there is a considerable price difference between WiFi only model and WiFi+3G, yet I recommend that you consider buying 3G model only. This will give a real mobility which is not possible with WiFi in India (we have almost nil WiFi public hotspots).
Apple iPad 2 Features and Specifications
- 8.8mm thick ! – that is 33% thinner
- Lighter – up to 15% lighter
- 9.7 inches LED-backlit Multi-Touch display , IPS technology , Fingerprint-resistant coating
- Dual core Processors – Dual-core A5 chip
- up to 2x faster CPU
- Up to 9x faster graphics
- Low power consuming processor
- Two colors – Black and White
- Up to 10 hours battery life
- One month standby
- WiFi + 3G connectivity (in iPad 2 3G model)
- Dual Camera – Front and Rear
- FaceTime HD
- Sensors : Gyro, accelerometer, and compass
- iPad Smart Cover – Available in various vibrant colors
Now if you are planning to buy iPad 2 , you can locate a reseller using Apple’s seller locator service .